ވިކިރަދީފު:ޢާންމު ހޮޅުއަށި

ވިކިޕީޑިއާ އިން
(މިސްރާބުކުރެވުނީ ވިކިރަދީފު:Bots އިން)
ފުންމަވާ: ސަމުގާ, ހޯއްދަވާ



ފިހުރިސްތު

Requests for a bot flag[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

special:listusers/bot

SpaceBirdyBot[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

Hello, I am running my Bot User:SpaceBirdyBot as interwikibot on is.wikt (and de,es,pt,ga,af,fo,nah,scn,nl,sv,ro) lately because not all links are catched by the current active bots there. If You are interested I can set my bot to run here also.

I am using SVN pywikipedia (latest) and run it using
interwiki.py -wiktionary -autonomous -force -noauto -nobacklink -noshownew -neverlink:fur,ilo,nov,sco
  • Botmaster: is:Notandi:Spacebirdy
  • Bot's name:User:SpaceBirdyBot
  • List of bot flags on other Wiktionarys:af,ar,co,ca,oc,da,de,el,es,it,is,pt,ga,gd,af,fo,nah,scn,nl,sv,ro,yi,zh-min-nan,...
  • Purpose:interwiki
  • Technical details:svn pywikipediabot, latest versions

Best regards, --Spacebirdy 15:43, 25 ޖޫން 2008 (UTC)

  1. Support --Piolinfax 12:17, 7 މާރޗް 2009 (UTC)

Already done. —Pathoschild 00:30:57, 22 ފެބްރުއަރީ 2011 (UTC)

Interwicket[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

I request bot flag for Interwicket. Interwicket is run by Robert Ullmann and is a highly efficient and reliable bot and his botmaster is responsive to the policies of the many projects where --Piolinfax 12:17, 7 މާރޗް 2009 (UTC)the bot runs

  1. Support --Piolinfax 12:17, 7 މާރޗް 2009 (UTC)

A local bot flag is no longer needed. This is a global bot, and this wiki recently enabled global bots. —Pathoschild 00:31:48, 22 ފެބްރުއަރީ 2011 (UTC)

Luckas-bot[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

Best regards, --Luckas Blade 15:08, 17 ޑިސެމްބަރު 2010 (UTC)

Done. Dferg 11:01, 30 ޑިސެމްބަރު 2010 (UTC)

Betawiki: better support for your language in MediaWiki[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

Dear community. I am writing to you to promote a special wiki called Betawiki. This wiki facilitates the localisation (l10n) of the MediaWiki interface. You may have changed many messages here on this wiki to use your language, but if you would log in to for example the English language Wiktionary, you would not be able to use the interface as well translated as here. Infact, of the 1793 messages in the core of MediaWiki, 0 messages have been translated. Betawiki also supports the translation of messages of almost 80 extensions, with 984 messages.

If you wish to contribute to better support of your language in MediaWiki, as well as for many MediaWiki extensions, please visit Betawiki, create an account and request translator priviledges. You can see the current status of localisation of your language on meta and do not forget to get in touch with others that may already be working on your language on Betawiki.

If you have any further questions, please let me know on my talk page on Betawiki. We will try and assist you as much as possible, for example by importing all messages from a local wiki for you to start with, if you so desire.

You can also find us on the Freenode IRC network in the channel #mediawiki-i18n where we would be happy to help you get started.

Thank you very much for your attention and I do hope to see some of you on Betawiki soon! Cheers! Siebrand@Betawiki 09:32, 24 September 2007 (UTC)

Bot policy[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

Hello. To facilitate steward granting of bot access, I suggest implementing the standard bot policy on this wiki. In particular, this policy allows stewards to automatically flag known interlanguage linking bots (if this page says that is acceptable), which form the vast majority of such requests. The policy also enables global bots on this wiki (if this page says that is acceptable), which are trusted bots that will be given bot access on every wiki that allows global bots.

This policy makes bot access requesting much easier for local users, operators, and stewards. To implement it we only need to create a redirect to this page from Project:Bot policy, and add a line at the top noting that it is used here. Please read the text at m:Bot policy before commenting. If you object, please say so; I hope to implement it soon if there is no objection, since it is particularly written to streamline bot requests on wikis with little or no community interested in bot access requests.
--dferg ☎ talk 11:48, 30 ޑިސެމްބަރު 2010 (UTC)

Done. —Pathoschild 00:29:43, 22 ފެބްރުއަރީ 2011 (UTC)

Major changes[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

  • Gadgets have been added to Dhivehi Wiktionary and can now be found at your personal Preferences page's Gadgets section. --Ushau97 (talk) 10:49, 27 ފެބްރުއަރީ 2013 (UTC)
  • The edit tools have also now been added and can be accessed below the edit box and upload forms when editing and uploading. If you want to disable it just uncheck <gadget-Edittools> at the Gadgets page --Ushau97 (talk) 11:15, 27 ފެބްރުއަރީ 2013 (UTC)

Project name localization[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

FIXED:

Fixed on 2013-03-13 (UTC). See patch at Gerrit --Ushau97 (talk) 12:38, 2 April 2013 (UTC)

The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page. No further edits should be made to this discussion.

I propose that this wiki's name should be localized to ވިކިރަދީފު. Please voice your opinion. --Ushau97 (talk) 17:42, 2 އޭޕްރީލް 2013 (MVT)

This discussion will be open until 7 March 2013.

The discussion above is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page. No further edits should be made to this discussion.

Convert complex templates to Lua to make them faster and more powerful[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

(Please consider translating this message for the benefit of your fellow Wikimedians)

Greetings. As you might have seen on the Wikimedia tech blog or the tech ambassadors list, a new functionality called "Lua" is being enabled on all Wikimedia sites today. Lua is a scripting language that enables you to write faster and more powerful MediaWiki templates.

If you have questions about how to convert existing templates to Lua (or how to create new ones), we'll be holding two support sessions on IRC next week: one on Wednesday (for Oceania, Asia & America) and one on Friday (for Europe, Africa & America); see m:IRC office hours for the details. If you can't make it, you can also get help at mw:Talk:Lua scripting.

If you'd like to learn about this kind of events earlier in advance, consider becoming a Tech ambassador by subscribing to the mailing list. You will also be able to help your fellow Wikimedians have a voice in technical discussions and be notified of important decisions.

Guillaume Paumier, via the Global message delivery system. 19:09, 13 މާރޗް 2013 (UTC) (wrong page? You can fix it.)

Localise namespaces[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

Resolved

--Ushau97 (talk) 15:00, 24 އޭޕްރީލް 2013 (MVT)

Please localize the namespaces as follows --Ushau97 (talk) 17:47, 3 އޭޕްރީލް 2013 (MVT)

  • Wiktionary ← ވިކިރަދީފު
  • Wiktionary talk ← ވިކިރަދީފު ޚިޔާލު
  • Module ← މޮޑިއުލް
  • Module talk ← މޮޑިއުލް ޚިޔާލު

Please voice your opinion. --Ushau97 (talk) 18:08, 3 އޭޕްރީލް 2013 (MVT)


The discussion above is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page. No further edits should be made to this discussion.

Proposal of a pronunciation recording tool[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

Hello, Rahul21, a developer, offers to develop a pronunciation recording tool for Wiktionary, helped by Michael Dale as part of GSoC. The tool would allow to record and add audio pronunciations to Wiktionary entries while browsing them (see background discussion on Wiktionary-l). Please read and comment the proposal! Regards, Nemo 03:36, 10 އޭޕްރީލް 2013 (MVT)

Request for comment on inactive administrators[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

(Please consider translating this message for the benefit of your fellow Wikimedians. Please also consider translating the proposal.)

Read this message in English / Lleer esti mensaxe n'asturianu / বাংলায় এই বার্তাটি পড়ুন / Llegiu aquest missatge en català / Læs denne besked på dansk / Lies diese Nachricht auf Deutsch / Leś cal mesag' chè in Emiliàn / Leer este mensaje en español / Lue tämä viesti suomeksi / Lire ce message en français / Ler esta mensaxe en galego / हिन्दी / Pročitajte ovu poruku na hrvatskom / Baca pesan ini dalam Bahasa Indonesia / Leggi questo messaggio in italiano / ಈ ಸಂದೇಶವನ್ನು ಕನ್ನಡದಲ್ಲಿ ಓದಿ / Aqra dan il-messaġġ bil-Malti / norsk (bokmål) / Lees dit bericht in het Nederlands / Przeczytaj tę wiadomość po polsku / Citiți acest mesaj în română / Прочитать это сообщение на русском / Farriintaan ku aqri Af-Soomaali / Pročitaj ovu poruku na srpskom (Прочитај ову поруку на српском) / อ่านข้อความนี้ในภาษาไทย / Прочитати це повідомлення українською мовою / Đọc thông báo bằng tiếng Việt / 使用中文阅读本信息。

Hello!

There is a new request for comment on Meta-Wiki concerning the removal of administrative rights from long-term inactive Wikimedians. Generally, this proposal from stewards would apply to wikis without an administrators' review process.

We are also compiling a list of projects with procedures for removing inactive administrators on the talk page of the request for comment. Feel free to add your project(s) to the list if you have a policy on administrator inactivity.

All input is appreciated. The discussion may close as soon as 21 May 2013 (2013-05-21), but this will be extended if needed.

Thanks, Billinghurst (thanks to all the translators!) 09:31, 24 އޭޕްރީލް 2013 (MVT)

Distributed via Global message delivery (Wrong page? You can fix it.)

[en] Change to wiki account system and account renaming[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

Some accounts will soon be renamed due to a technical change that the developer team at Wikimedia are making. More details on Meta.

(Distributed via global message delivery 08:29, 30 އޭޕްރީލް 2013 (MVT). Wrong page? Correct it here.)

[en] Change to section edit links[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

The default position of the "edit" link in page section headers is going to change soon. The "edit" link will be positioned adjacent to the page header text rather than floating opposite it.

Section edit links will be to the immediate right of section titles, instead of on the far right. If you're an editor of one of the wikis which already implemented this change, nothing will substantially change for you; however, scripts and gadgets depending on the previous implementation of section edit links will have to be adjusted to continue working; however, nothing else should break even if they are not updated in time.

Detailed information and a timeline is available on meta.

Ideas to do this all the way to 2009 at least. It is often difficult to track which of several potential section edit links on the far right is associated with the correct section, and many readers and anonymous or new editors may even be failing to notice section edit links at all, since they read section titles, which are far away from the links.

(Distributed via global message delivery 23:19, 30 އޭޕްރީލް 2013 (MVT). Wrong page? Correct it here.)

Tech newsletter: Subscribe to receive the next editions[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

Tech news prepared by tech ambassadors and posted by Global message deliveryContributeTranslateGet helpGive feedbackUnsubscribe • 01:26, 21 މެއި 2013 (MVT)
Important note: This is the first edition of the Tech News weekly summaries, which help you monitor recent software changes likely to impact you and your fellow Wikimedians.

If you want to continue to receive the next issues every week, please subscribe to the newsletter. You can subscribe your personal talk page and a community page like this one. The newsletter can be translated into your language.

You can also become a tech ambassador, help us write the next newsletter and tell us what to improve. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. guillom 01:26, 21 މެއި 2013 (MVT)

Test wiki for RTL languages[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

Hello, Sorry for writing in English. I hope someone translates this. Amir Ahorani and I are working on specialized test wiki for RTL languages in order to test upcoming mediawiki features like Echo. It’s very basic now but we are trying to improve it and you can help by working on it and if you think something is missed ask me or Amir to add it. You can read more in Wikimedia Blog Thanks, Amir 14:31, 31 މެއި 2013 (MVT) (Distributed via Global message delivery: wrong page? [[m: Distribution list/Global message delivery/RTL langs|correct the list of targets]].)

Trademark discussion[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

Hi, apologies for posting this in English, but I wanted to alert your community to a discussion on Meta about potential changes to the Wikimedia Trademark Policy. Please translate this statement if you can. We hope that you will all participate in the discussion; we also welcome translations of the legal team’s statement into as many languages as possible and encourage you to voice your thoughts there. Please see the Trademark practices discussion (on Meta-Wiki) for more information. Thank you! --Mdennis (WMF) (talk)

Universal Language Selector to replace Narayam and WebFonts extensions[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

On June 11, 2013, the Universal Language Selector (ULS) will replace the features of Mediawiki extensions Narayam and WebFonts. The ULS provides a flexible way of configuring and delivering language settings like interface language, fonts, and input methods (keyboard mappings).

Please read the announcement on Meta-Wiki for more information. Runab 19:07, 5 ޖޫން 2013 (MVT) (posted via Global message delivery)

X!'s Edit Counter[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

Pywikipedia is migrating to git[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

Hello, Sorry for English but It's very important for bot operators so I hope someone translates this. Pywikipedia is migrating to Git so after July 26, SVN checkouts won't be updated If you're using Pywikipedia you have to switch to git, otherwise you will use out-dated framework and your bot might not work properly. There is a manual for doing that and a blog post explaining about this change in non-technical language. If you have question feel free to ask in mw:Manual talk:Pywikipediabot/Gerrit, mailing list, or in the IRC channel. Best Amir (via Global message delivery). 18:05, 23 ޖުލައި 2013 (MVT)

HTTPS for users with an account[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

Greetings. Starting on August 21 (tomorrow), all users with an account will be using HTTPS to access Wikimedia sites. HTTPS brings better security and improves your privacy. More information is available at m:HTTPS.

If HTTPS causes problems for you, tell us on bugzilla, on IRC (in the #wikimedia-operations channel) or on meta. If you can't use the other methods, you can also send an e-mail to https@wikimedia.org.

Greg Grossmeier (via the Global message delivery system). 23:57, 20 އޯގަސްޓް 2013 (MVT) (wrong page? You can fix it.)

[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

Notifications[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

Notifications inform you of new activity that affects you -- and let you take quick action.

(This message is in English, please translate as needed)

Greetings!

Notifications will inform users about new activity that affects them on this wiki in a unified way: for example, this new tool will let you know when you have new talk page messages, edit reverts, mentions or links -- and is designed to augment (rather than replace) the watchlist. The Wikimedia Foundation's editor engagement team developed this tool (code-named 'Echo') earlier this year, to help users contribute more productively to MediaWiki projects.

We're now getting ready to bring Notifications to almost all other Wikimedia sites, and are aiming for a 22 October deployment, as outlined in this release plan. It is important that notifications is translated for all of the languages we serve.

There are three major points of translation needed to be either done or checked:

Please let us know if you have any questions, suggestions or comments about this new tool. For more information, visit this project hub and this help page. Keegan (WMF) (talk) 23:25, 4 އޮކްޓޯބަރު 2013 (MVT)

(via the Global message delivery system) (wrong page? You can fix it.)

Speak up about the trademark registration of the Community logo.[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

Introducting Beta Features[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

(Apologies for writing in English. Please translate if necessary)

We would like to let you know about Beta Features, a new program from the Wikimedia Foundation that lets you try out new features before they are released for everyone.

Think of it as a digital laboratory where community members can preview upcoming software and give feedback to help improve them. This special preference page lets designers and engineers experiment with new features on a broad scale, but in a way that's not disruptive.

Beta Features is now ready for testing on MediaWiki.org. It will also be released on Wikimedia Commons and MetaWiki this Thursday, 7 November. Based on test results, the plan is to release it on all wikis worldwide on 21 November, 2013.

Here are the first features you can test this week:

Would you like to try out Beta Features now? After you log in on MediaWiki.org, a small 'Beta' link will appear next to your 'Preferences'. Click on it to see features you can test, check the ones you want, then click 'Save'. Learn more on the Beta Features page.

After you've tested Beta Features, please let the developers know what you think on this discussion page -- or report any bugs here on Bugzilla. You're also welcome to join this IRC office hours chat on Friday, 8 November at 18:30 UTC.

Beta Features was developed by the Wikimedia Foundation's Design, Multimedia and VisualEditor teams. Along with other developers, they will be adding new features to this experimental program every few weeks. They are very grateful to all the community members who helped create this project — and look forward to many more productive collaborations in the future.

Enjoy, and don't forget to let developers know what you think! Keegan (WMF) (talk) 00:45, 6 ނޮވެމްބަރު 2013 (MVT)

Distributed via Global message delivery (wrong page? Correct it here), 00:45, 6 ނޮވެމްބަރު 2013 (MVT)

Call for comments on draft trademark policy[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

Request for comment on Commons: Should Wikimedia support MP4 video?[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

I apologize for this message being only in English. Please translate it if needed to help your community.

The Wikimedia Foundation's multimedia team seeks community guidance on a proposal to support the MP4 video format. This digital video standard is used widely around the world to record, edit and watch videos on mobile phones, desktop computers and home video devices. It is also known as H.264/MPEG-4 or AVC.

Supporting the MP4 format would make it much easier for our users to view and contribute video on Wikipedia and Wikimedia projects -- and video files could be offered in dual formats on our sites, so we could continue to support current open formats (WebM and Ogg Theora).

However, MP4 is a patent-encumbered format, and using a proprietary format would be a departure from our current practice of only supporting open formats on our sites -- even though the licenses appear to have acceptable legal terms, with only a small fee required.

We would appreciate your guidance on whether or not to support MP4. Our Request for Comments presents views both in favor and against MP4 support, based on opinions we’ve heard in our discussions with community and team members.

Please join this RfC -- and share your advice.

All users are welcome to participate, whether you are active on Commons, Wikipedia, other Wikimedia project -- or any site that uses content from our free media repository.

You are also welcome to join tomorrow's Office hours chat on IRC, this Thursday, January 16, at 19:00 UTC, if you would like to discuss this project with our team and other community members.

We look forward to a constructive discussion with you, so we can make a more informed decision together on this important topic. Keegan (WMF) (talk) 11:47, 16 ޖަނަވަރީ 2014 (MVT)

Universal Language Selector will be enabled by default again on this wiki by 21 February 2014[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

On January 21 2014 the MediaWiki extension Universal Language Selector (ULS) was disabled on this wiki. A new preference was added for logged-in users to turn on ULS. This was done to prevent slow loading of pages due to ULS webfonts, a behaviour that had been observed by the Wikimedia Technical Operations team on some wikis.

We are now ready to enable ULS again. The temporary preference to enable ULS will be removed. A new checkbox has been added to the Language Panel to enable/disable font delivery. This will be unchecked by default for this wiki, but can be selected at any time by the users to enable webfonts. This is an interim solution while we improve the feature of webfonts delivery.

You can read the announcement and the development plan for more information. Apologies for writing this message only in English. Thank you. Runa

Amendment to the Terms of Use[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

Call for project ideas: funding is available for community experiments[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

IEG key blue.png

I apologize if this message is not in your language. Please help translate it.

Do you have an idea for a project that could improve your community? Individual Engagement Grants from the Wikimedia Foundation help support individuals and small teams to organize experiments for 6 months. You can get funding to try out your idea for online community organizing, outreach, tool-building, or research to help make ވިކިރަދީފު better. In March, we’re looking for new project proposals.

Examples of past Individual Engagement Grant projects:

Proposals are due by 31 March 2014. There are a number of ways to get involved!

Hope to have your participation,

--Siko Bouterse, Head of Individual Engagement Grants, Wikimedia Foundation 00:44, 1 މާރޗް 2014 (MVT)

Proposed optional changes to Terms of Use amendment[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

Hello all, in response to some community comments in the discussion on the amendment to the Terms of Use on undisclosed paid editing, we have prepared two optional changes. Please read about these optional changes on Meta wiki and share your comments. If you can (and this is a non english project), please translate this announcement. Thanks! Slaporte (WMF) 02:56, 14 މާރޗް 2014 (MVT)

Changes to the default site typography coming soon[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

This week, the typography on Wikimedia sites will be updated for all readers and editors who use the default "Vector" skin. This change will involve new serif fonts for some headings, small tweaks to body content fonts, text size, text color, and spacing between elements. The schedule is:

  • April 1st: non-Wikipedia projects will see this change live
  • April 3rd: Wikipedias will see this change live

This change is very similar to the "Typography Update" Beta Feature that has been available on Wikimedia projects since November 2013. After several rounds of testing and with feedback from the community, this Beta Feature will be disabled and successful aspects enabled in the default site appearance. Users who are logged in may still choose to use another skin, or alter their personal CSS, if they prefer a different appearance. Local common CSS styles will also apply as normal, for issues with local styles and scripts that impact all users.

For more information:

-- Steven Walling (Product Manager) on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation's User Experience Design team

IMPORTANT: Admin activity review[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

Hello. A new policy regarding the removal of "advanced rights" (administrator, bureaucrat, etc) was recently adopted by global community consensus (your community received a notice about the discussion). According to this policy, the stewards are reviewing administrators' activity on smaller wikis. To the best of our knowledge, your wiki does not have a formal process for removing "advanced rights" from inactive accounts. This means that the stewards will take care of this according to the new admin activity review here.


We have determined that the following users meet the inactivity criteria (no edits and no log actions for more than 2 years):

  1. Glacious (administrator)
  2. IaN (administrator

These users will receive a notification soon, asking them to start a community discussion if they want to retain some or all of their rights. If the users do not respond, then their advanced rights will be removed by the stewards.

However, if you as a community would like to create your own activity review process superseding the global one, want to make another decision about these inactive rights holders, or already have a policy that we missed, then please notify the stewards on Meta-Wiki so that we know not to proceed with the rights review on your wiki. Thanks, Rschen7754 06:03, 6 އޭޕްރީލް 2014 (MVT)


Pronunciation Recording[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

Visual workflow draft for pronunciation recording gadget; If you have trouble watching this video here, watch it on vimeo. A more extensive/explanative version is available.

Dear Wiktionary community!

About me
My name is Rainer Rillke, and I have been volunteering at Wikimedia Commons for 3 years now, gathering experience around media files. I've been always interested in how things work and how one could improve them.
The idea
One idea that appeared last Summer was allowing the recording of small chunks of speech, uploading that to Wikimedia Commons in the background and including this into a Wiktionary entry without having the hassle doing everything by hand or installing additional software. That idea led to the foundation of MediaWiki extension PronunciationRecording during the Google Summer of Code. However, this was not completed; instead development is stale for over 5 months now.
My proposal
To make this going to work, so Wiktionary has an immediate benefit of this feature, I would like to provide the work done so far as a gadget and add some more work in regard to usability. You can see my plan at m:Grants:IEG/Finish Pronunciation Recording. And more importantly, you can give me a hand, if you are interested by writing your comments.

Thanks and kind regards --Rillke (talk) 22:25, 7 އޭޕްރީލް 2014 (MVT)

This message was delivered based on commons:User:Rillke/gmd/prg. Translation fetched from: commons:User:Rillke/prg/en -- Rillke(q?) 17:42, 26 January 2013 (UTC)

Using only UploadWizard for uploads[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

Wikimedia Commons logo

Hello! It was noted that on this wiki you have less than 10 local files. Presumably, you therefore don't have interest nor energies to have hundreds templates with the now required HTML, even less a local EDP. However, this means that users here will experience a mostly broken and/or illegal uploading. I propose to

so that you can avoid local maintenance and all users can have a functioning, easy upload interface in their own language. All registered users can upload on Commons and existing files will not be affected.

I'll get this done in one week from now.

  1. If you disagree with the proposal, just remove your wiki from the list.
  2. To make the UploadWizard even better, please tell your experience and ideas on commons:Commons:Upload Wizard feedback.

Nemo 01:38, 20 މެއި 2014 (MVT)

Media Viewer[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]


Greetings, my apologies for writing in English.

I wanted to let you know that Media Viewer will be released to this wiki in the coming weeks. Media Viewer allows readers of Wikimedia projects to have an enhanced view of files without having to visit the file page, but with more detail than a thumbnail. You can try Media Viewer out now by turning it on in your Beta Features. If you do not enjoy Media Viewer or if it interferes with your work after it is turned on you will be able to disable Media Viewer as well in your preferences. I invite you to share what you think about Media Viewer and how it can be made better in the future.

Thank you for your time. - Keegan (WMF) 02:29, 24 މެއި 2014 (MVT)

--This message was sent using MassMessage. Was there an error? Report it!


Media Viewer is now live on this wiki[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]


Media Viewer lets you see images in larger size

Greetings— and sorry for writing in English, please translate if it will help your community,

The Wikimedia Foundation's Multimedia team is happy to announce that Media Viewer was just released on this site today.

Media Viewer displays images in larger size when you click on their thumbnails, to provide a better viewing experience. Users can now view images faster and more clearly, without having to jump to separate pages — and its user interface is more intuitive, offering easy access to full-resolution images and information, with links to the file repository for editing. The tool has been tested extensively across all Wikimedia wikis over the past six months as a Beta Feature and has been released to the largest Wikipedias, all language Wikisources, and the English Wikivoyage already.

If you do not like this feature, you can easily turn it off by clicking on "Disable Media Viewer" at the bottom of the screen, pulling up the information panel (or in your your preferences) whether you have an account or not. Learn more in this Media Viewer Help page.

Please let us know if you have any questions or comments about Media Viewer. You are invited to share your feedback in this discussion on MediaWiki.org in any language, to help improve this feature. You are also welcome to take this quick survey in English, en français, o español.

We hope you enjoy Media Viewer. Many thanks to all the community members who helped make it possible. - Fabrice Florin (WMF) (talk) 02:54, 20 ޖޫން 2014 (MVT)

--This message was sent using MassMessage. Was there an error? Report it!

ފޮންޓް ބަދަލުކުރުން[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

މި ވިކިޕީޑިއާގައި ބޭނުން ކުރެވޭ ޑީފޯލްޓް ފޮންޓް ވަރަށް އަވަސް މުއްދަތެއްގައި ބަދަލުކުރެވޭނެއެވެ. އެއީ ފްރީފޮންޓް-ތާނަ އަށެވެ. މި ފޮންޓް ބައްލަވާލެއްވުމަށް ކަނާތް ފަރާތުގައިވާ "އެހެން ބަސްބަހުން" ފިތާ ޖެހިގެން މިފަދަ ފިތެއް ފެނިލައްވާނެއެވެ. މިއަށް ފިއްތެވުމުން ފޮންޓް ބަދަލުކުރެވޭނެއެވެ. --Glaisher (talk) 21:43, 21 އޯގަސްޓް 2014 (MVT)

Letter petitioning WMF to reverse recent decisions[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

The Wikimedia Foundation recently created a new feature, "superprotect" status. The purpose is to prevent pages from being edited by elected administrators -- but permitting WMF staff to edit them. It has been put to use in only one case: to protect the deployment of the Media Viewer software on German Wikipedia, in defiance of a clear decision of that community to disable the feature by default, unless users decide to enable it.

If you oppose these actions, please add your name to this letter. If you know non-Wikimedians who support our vision for the free sharing of knowledge, and would like to add their names to the list, please ask them to sign an identical version of the letter on change.org.

-- JurgenNL (talk) 22:35, 21 އޯގަސްޓް 2014 (MVT)

Process ideas for software development[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

’’My apologies for writing in English.’’

Hello,

I am notifying you that a brainstorming session has been started on Meta to help the Wikimedia Foundation increase and better affect community participation in software development across all wiki projects. Basically, how can you be more involved in helping to create features on Wikimedia projects? We are inviting all interested users to voice their ideas on how communities can be more involved and informed in the product development process at the Wikimedia Foundation. It would be very appreciated if you could translate this message to help inform your local communities as well.

I and the rest of my team welcome you to participate. We hope to see you on Meta.

Kind regards, -- Rdicerb (WMF) talk 03:15, 22 އޯގަސްޓް 2014 (MVT)

--This message was sent using MassMessage. Was there an error? Report it!

Grants to improve your project[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

Apologies for English. Please help translate this message.

Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants program is accepting proposals for funding new experiments from September 1st to 30th. Your idea could improve Wikimedia projects with a new tool or gadget, a better process to support community-building on your wiki, research on an important issue, or something else we haven't thought of yet. Whether you need $200 or $30,000 USD, Individual Engagement Grants can cover your own project development time in addition to hiring others to help you.

Meta RfCs on two new global groups[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]

Hello all,

There are currently requests for comment open on meta to create two new global groups. The first is a group for members of the OTRS permissions queue, which would grant them autopatrolled rights on all wikis except those who opt-out. That proposal can be found at m:Requests for comment/Creation of a global OTRS-permissions user group. The second is a group for Wikimedia Commons admins and OTRS agents to view deleted file pages through the 'viewdeletedfile' right on all wikis except those who opt-out. The second proposal can be found at m:Requests for comment/Global file deletion review.

We would like to hear what you think on both proposals. Both are in English; if you wanted to translate them into your native language that would also be appreciated.

It is possible for individual projects to opt-out, so that users in those groups do not have any additional rights on those projects. To do this please start a local discussion, and if there is consensus you can request to opt-out of either or both at m:Stewards' noticeboard.

Thanks and regards, Ajraddatz (talk) 23:05, 26 އޮކްޓޯބަރު 2014 (MVT)